Has Google ever been hacked?

 Has Google ever been hacked?



It's far the tale of individual Manish-Arora who spoke back this question on Quora 


Sure. I hacked it, and they by no means regular it. They even attempted to manage the media to whom I approached. So just to be clear, I respect Google plenty, they're excellent, however, they may be now not God.

The tale starts inside the yr 2006 whilst I was new to blogging and determined that advertisements on blogs may be a manner to make extra cash. I then got registered to Google AdSense and made their advertisements stay on my blog. It became apparently cited in Google’s terms to no longer click or make someone to be had to click those commercials. That raised an urge for me to apprehend how their system works.

Speedy forward 6 months from then, I discovered a manner to cheat their gadget. I then wrote to Google approximately the loophole and they denied it. I then contacted media so that they would apprehend and cowl what I've determined. More than one media house confirmed me the gate out of doors and never believed in me. Bangalore's times of India’s Sr. Reporter however believed me and started out exploring, however after some time he additionally stopped responding. When I asked him, he said, “pal, Google is pushing lots to no longer to cover it. I informed them that even though I gained then someone else would possibly. Then they advised me, ‘we will manage that but you should not post it.’”

I by no means stricken that reporter afterward, as I used to be able to get what’s at stake and might be any deal they had. I kept on looking for someone for eleven months after which sooner or later I was given a reply from DIGIT. They agreed to investigate it in addition and appointed a person from their team. They took nearly three months to verify my declare and published a cover story in the November 2007 version. Right here is the PDF of that article got posted:


I later got interviewed by French and Belgian media and was given several admiration for what I had determined. It later took greater than 6 months for Google to provide you with restoration.

Edit: It’s crucial to note that Google remained inclined for so long.

Post a Comment

0 Comments